Re: Important kernel update should not break stuff

On 06/13/2012 01:39 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
Yes, that is true.  However it also speaks to the extremely small usage
of rawhide and the relative lack of variety in both test hardware and
setups.  I have no magical solutions to those problems.  We simply need
more people testing rawhide kernels in general.

A lot of us from the QA community who are not on rawhide are the running the rawhide kernels on F17 ( I'm currently on 3.5.0-0.rc2.git0.1.fc18.x86_64 ) and I have not noticed ( hence not reported ) any issue.

I think the problem is actually the other way around those of us that are in the QA community aren't actually using official update GA kernel.

And getting reporters to actually stay on a GA release once rawhide gets in usable shape ( which by my experience is around alpha ) is a problem. ( one of the thing that proven tester concept was supposed to address to ensure we had people testing GA )

And to add insult to injury reporters on update-testing have been routinely in the past been redirected from the test list to the user list with any issue they have discovered.

Something I tried to address a while back amongst other things but certain people in our QA community want to keep the list rawhide only...

JBG