Re: *countable infinities only

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 06/12/2012 12:58 PM, drago01 wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>>>

>>> The point is we have a target audience:
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_base
>>>
>>> Our desired users ARE contributors.
>>

>> We do have a mission as well:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview#Our_Mission
>>
>> "The Fedora Project consistently seeks to create, improve, and spread
>> free/libre code and content. "
>

> And Bingo! the mission is all about freedom.

I didn't deny that.

>> Which you don't do by excluding users ... sure we want to gain new
>> contributors but that does not mean that we should exclude other
>> users.
>

> Not if it affects our freedom, is a problem of freedom versus convenience.

No because secure boot does not limit your freedom in *any* way. If
you want to hack on the kernel or other low level stuff flip a switch
in the firmware.
It is reasonable to expect this type of users to be able to do that.

> If spreading to some users means losing some freedom, then I think that is
> against the mission.

We are not loosing any freedom we are implementing a technology that
makes fedora work out of the box on newer hardware.