Re: changelog in spec file, was Re: Stop the git abuse

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Stanislav Ochotnicky
<sochotnicky@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  * If a git commit is tagged in a specific way, omit from rpm changelog.
>   What I mean by "tagged" is a git tag, in form of let's say
>   "silentXXX". Where XXX has to be unique, but that can be figured out by
>   fedpkg easily.

I'd prefer a "SILENT:" directly in the commit instead of tags...
The only tags that should be necessary are the fXX and elX ones.

Is there a sane way to change typos in past changelogs?
* a "REPLACE$githash:" line in a later commit?
* Another possibility would be to generate the changelog once for the
past commits and add it to the git repository as "ChangeLog" (IIRC as
Adam was talking about it what Mandriva is doing on the initial switch
- so just move the automatic changelog generation in the typo case).

(I'd highly prefer the later)

Greetings,
   Tom