Re: [announce] yum: parallel downloading

On 21/05/2012, at 5:12 PM, Zdenek Pavlas wrote:

> Three connections limit is used when the above is not available
> (e.g. a baseurl setup with just one mirror).  I don't mind lowering
> it to just two, as that should work good enough in most cases.

Yes please. Two is better than three from the server's point of view.

Yum doesn't put in the HTTP header (say, appended to User-Agent) why it decided to use our mirror, so we have no count of the sites or users which manually set baseurl or give our mirror's name to anaconda. Mailing list postings often recommend this when people complain of slow or expensive downloads.

--
 Glen Turner <http://www.gdt.id.au/~gdt/>