Re: Stop the git abuse

On 21.5.2012 17:13, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
... nobody mentioned Bodhi update messages here).
I did not want to reheat previous discussions on Fedora bureaucracy, but
this is part of it.

I wouldn't dare say a word about our update policy (Growing up in the Communist Czechoslovakia taught me when to shut up about silliness and fight for more important causes). Just noticing, that when it comes to fedpkg update, it is *third* essentially same message one has to write

Today, we're in a phase of git being over-hyped ... util people will
realize that git is not the solution to all problems of mankind.

I give you that, but do you see any alternative which would in let's say five years replaced git in Fedora? Five years is a long time in computer industry, but OTOH five years ago (plus how long it has been since we actually switched to git) it was IMHO obvious our CVS is doomed.

Matěj