Re: Stop the git abuse

On 05/21/2012 12:09 PM, Matej Cepl wrote:
On 21.5.2012 10:23, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
-1 changelogs are manually written documents and source files.

And your commit messages are written by aliens?
My change logs are inside of the rpm.spec.

You are lucky! I have to
write them myself  (and I really hate that I have to write the same
information thrice

I usually write them once:
<editor> *.spec
fedpkg clog
fedpkg commit -F clog -p

[Due to "fedpkg clog" weaknesses, the commits being generated look awful.]

... nobody mentioned Bodhi update messages here).
I did not want to reheat previous discussions on Fedora bureaucracy, but this is part of it.

A database's (git), temporary meta information is irrelvant.

Temporary? What will stay longer? Text file or repository which holds it
(and if you are thinking about conversion to yet another VCS, I don't
see any such happening any time soon)?
Well, some years ago, during the SVN hype, people thought the same.

Today, we're in a phase of git being over-hyped ... util people will realize that git is not the solution to all problems of mankind.

Ralf