Re: New libtiff version in rawhide, requires dependent packages rebuild

06.05.2012 20:10, Tom Lane wrote:
I have pushed libtiff 4.0.1 into rawhide, replacing libtiff 3.9.5.
This entails a library soname bump and a few small source-level
incompatibilities, as detailed at
http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/v4.0.0.html

By my count there are about a hundred dependent packages (see list
below), so to avoid breaking rawhide until everything can be rebuilt,
I have put the old 3.9.x library into a temporary subpackage
"libtiff-compat".  (We used the same trick a few months ago for libpng
and it seemed to work all right.)

I did trial rebuilds of all these packages against libtiff 4.0.1,
and found only three that appear to need any source-code changes;
though another dozen have pre-existing FTBFS problems which means
I can't tell for sure if they would build against the new libtiff.

If any of these packages are yours, please rebuild at the soonest
opportunity.  If you need advice about fixing either libtiff- or
libpng-dependent code, contact me off-list and I'll be glad to
try to help.

			regards, tom lane
hubbitus    ImageMagick
hubbitus    fotoxx