Re: ARM as a primary architecture

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 8:16 AM, Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> our "computers" are about to become typewriters. It will not be a decade longer.
>
> http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/03/canalys-more-smartphones-than-pcs-shipped-in-2011/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fengadget+%28Engadget%29

While I agree that we will see more smartphones and tablets in the
future the people that actually replace there traditional computers
with tablets or even smartphones are near zero.
Sells do not really tell the whole story as many people simply don't
have a need to buy new laptops/desktops because what they have is
"good enough" so they spend there money on other gadgets.