Re: RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

On 3/20/12 12:05 PM, Brendan Conoboy wrote:

IIf there is some sane way to distribute a single armv7hl or armv5tel
build across multiple builders that may be an interesting avenue to
pursue (Sanity tbd by releng:-).  The builders we expect to see this
year have 4 cores, but if we could realistically do a 'make -j 32' and
have 8 systems involved in any one package, that'd certainly take care
of performance concerns for parallelizable builds.  It's a neat idea,
but making it work reliably is a proposal unto itself.

Yeah, I see that as another rather large proposal. It could make some other build tasks go faster too, even on x86, but traditionally we've pushed away from that because of the complexity it presents and concerns of reproducible results. Then again this discussion was ages ago when the tech to do such things was youngish.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!