Re: Question about commiting the sources

17.03.2012 19:14, Björn Persson пишет:
Pavel Alexeev wrote:
16.03.2012 18:38, Jon Ciesla пишет:
The upload puts the new sources in the lookaside cache, which is
outside of git,
Long time want ask - why? Why sources not under git too? Is there any
troubles with big blobs? Can I point on such files from web? How?
Especially I need it to point on my patches to provide it upstream.
You should check in your patches to Git. It's the source tarball from upstream
that should be in the lookaside cache. The source tarball should normally be
identical to the upstream one, so better link to the one on the upstream
website.

To link to a patch you can use a URL similar to this:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=erlang.git;a=blob_plain;f=otp-0002-
Remove-rpath.patch;hb=5d2c8835ef0223b3939eb372189625c2a88692b4
Ok, please look say on php-pecl-parsekit:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=php-pecl-parsekit.git;a=tree
There in sources one patch: http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=php-pecl-parsekit.git;a=blob;f=sources;h=8734d4cfe05323e4e2384902887c23f789dcbf0d;hb=HEAD
it was uploaded as fedpkg new-sources or upload action. Is there any chance occur link on php-pecl-parsekit-1.3-php-5.4.patch? Or I should I have been done it not as upload source but plain git add and commit? Will it allow me then build package? Is there any recommendations or "common case"?
Björn Persson