Re: FC17alpha, evolution, ati card, kernel 3.3.0-rc6 and me going crazy...

On 03/08/2012 02:42 AM, Milan Crha wrote:
On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 22:56 -0500, Peter A wrote:
The issue effects only Evolution it seems - all other software I tried
works fine (that's anything from firefox to libreoffice to gimp to
ancient stuff like xv from an rpm built in 99). My desktop is KDE with
OpenGL rendering but most effects turned off.

The issue results in the tree menu showing the mail boxes on the left
being shifted about 75px up. However, the cursor location (e.g.
highlighted folder when drag and drop) is what the screen should be. In
other words, I need to move the cursor about 75px further down to select
the correct folder. I wanted to talk to some friends about this so I
took a screenshot - and the screenshot shows up perfect.
(http://www.loonybin.org/evo1.jpg) However, if I do a screengrab of the
root window, the corruption is visible.
(http://www.loonybin.org/evo2.jpg). Both screenshots were taken less
than a second apart with import.

So who do you think the problem lies with?
	Hi,
I've no idea on the issue itself, but I'm wondering whether you can
reproduce this in gtk3-demo too. I'm asking, because the folder tree is
a descendant of the standard GtkTreeView, with no extra drawing, thus,
if it's not caused by something in evolution itself, which I doubt same
as you do, then the issue should be reproducible with gtk3-demo too. The
gtk3-demo executable is part of gtk3-devel. There is a tree view on its
main page, same as three tree view demos. Maybe this is related to a
fact that the table headers are hidden in evolution.
	Bye,
	Milan

Milan,

gtk3-demo works fine from what I can tell, however I think you're going in the right direction: gedit shows random screen corruption (e.g. tabs not showing). So does evince (tree is offset like in evolution)... Seems like a lot of gnome apps somehow have issues.

Peter.

--
http://www.meaninglessrelic.com