Re: Torvalds:requiring root password for mundane things is moronic

On 03/02/2012 03:21 AM, Conan Kudo (ニール・ゴンパ) wrote:

For printers, currently installing printers does not require superuser privileges, but managing those printers installed by that user does. Is it possible to make it so that printers installed by that user can be managed by the user without superuser authentication?

BTW, I am in the "wheel" group on the workstation for those screenshots I posted.

In case you didn't look, it was asking for a root password anyway.

Also, under "details", it showed that two of those dialogues came from components from OpenSUSE...the same distro that Linux was complaining about.

 -Scott
Cite: http://ponzo.net/PolKit-printer/