Re: Linux Questions Desktop Environment of the Year - interesting result

I wonder if there is a way to accurately gauge hours spent using one
DE or another. I've only ever used Gnome although I tried KDE briefly
(at least one major release ago) and tried other distros Suse and
Ubuntu, but only when Fedora was unstable on my hardware. I blogged a
few 'gotchas' with Gnome 3 when it was launched but overall recorded
my satisfaction with it. Is there a smolt-like solution that wouldn't
be unpalatable to many? It would surely be better than relying on
out-of date and questionable polls. I'd be happy to be counted as
using Gnome shell on several systems.

-Cam