Re: Rolling release Fedora - fantastic idea

On 01/30/2012 12:59 AM, Henrique Junior wrote:
I've started talking to Greg KH, the guy who implemented openSUSE
Tumbleweed. Here is what he said:
1 - What were the changes in the infrastructure necessary for the operation of
openSUSE Tumbleweed?

None.

2 - The Tumbleweed has led to a great "cost" in manpower to be maintained?

Nope, it's trivial to maintain (5-10 minutes ever few days at most),
thanks to our wonderful infrastructure (the open build system).

3 - The return of a rolling release repository has been the expected?

What do you mean by "return"?

Lots and lots of people use it and rely in it every day, and are very
happy with it, so it is succeeding as far as I can tell.  Is that what
you mean?

Note, if you infrastructure can't handle such a thing as a rolling
release like obs can support, then it will be difficult for you to do
this in Fedora.

best of luck,
So, is anyone here familiar to openSUSE Build System? Can Koji do the same?