Re: UsrMove feature breaking "yum upgrade" upgrades from older releases to F17?

On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 07:40 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 03:26:01PM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:

> > > To test --
> > > 1) install F16.
> > > 2) Run through procedure outlined on wiki (once the Feature Owners fill in
> > > the blanks)
> > > 3) Se if you then have a working F17 system
> >
> > The packages aren't in F-17 yet. See the contents of the f17-usrmove
> > tag in koji.
> >
> Ah -- I didn't understand that you wanted a method to test it *now*.  Yep,
> if the work hasn't landed in rawhide, there is no way to test.  That's
> pretty self explanatory.

Well, not really. If all the builds have landed in the tag, you can
construct a repo containing all of those packages, and test using that.

The intent of having a tag was to allow us to test the change without
landing it directly in Rawhide, so if it turns out to be too
problematic, we can just 'revert' the feature by simply never tagging it
into Rawhide.

Unfortunately, I took Tuesday through Thursday off this week and so
wasn't around to help harald and kay with announcing the packages were
available for testing, setting up instructions and so forth. Hopefully
no irreversible decisions (feature delays, packages tagged into
Rawhide...) have happened yet, and I can take a look at this on
Monday...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey