Re: Requesting a change to the BugStatusWorkFlow: Closed/UPSTREAM

On 20/01/12 16:24, Bill Nottingham wrote:

In that case, I will likely open up a bug upstream, and close the Fedora
bug, because it is really not up to me at all when, or *if*, such a bug gets
fixed; as a downstream maintainer, I'm not going to put changes of that sort
into Fedora alone, and upstream may very well decide not to do it.

For the hypothetical bug I might get of 'port GnuCash to GTK 3', I don't see
why a simple CLOSED->UPSTREAM is wrong. (Unless you'd prefer
CLOSED->WONTFIX, as I'm not fixing that myself...)

Bill

Maybe

Just comment:
//* Standard Comment */
bug #123 some.external.place
has been opened,
Please keep an eye on that bug for progress.
Closing this bug CLOSED->UPSTREAM

I believe you can look at external trackers,
without having to sign up.
I just tested with KDE, which is not installed.

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded