How to send a package update

Hello,

About three years ago, I created two very simple packages: mk-files and bmake. I followed the instructions at that time to get them into the distribution, and the packages were accepted. For a variety of reasons, I had not been paying attention to those packages since then, but other developers have taken care of mk-files alone.

Now, I'm interested in working on some new packages. However, in an attempt to "refresh" my knowledge of the packaging procedures and tools, I thought that updating bmake to the latest version would be a simple exercise. In fact, downloading the .spec file, updating it to the new version and building it through Koji has been relatively straightforward.

Unfortunately, I'm lost now. I have been digging through the wiki for hours, reading many of the documents... and pretty much everything focuses on how to create a new package, not how to update an existing one. For example: I cannot figure out how I am supposed to submit my changes to the spec file for approval (which I assume has to be done due to my lack of experience).

Also, I cannot tell if three years ago I gained some privileges that I have now lost due to the conversion of the packages repository from cvs to git. For example, a "fedpkg clone" without the -a option fails due to a permission denied (reason: publickey), although I have made sure that my SSH key is up-to-date in the accounts system.

Could anyone provide some pointers please?

Thank you!