Re: mysql is now a critpath package? WTF?

On Thu, 05 Jan 2012 20:20:55 +0100
Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Rex Dieter wrote:
> > I'm of a mind to revisit this (again).
>
> NO, not again!!!
>
> Can we please stop this nonsense?
>
> Upstream defaults to MySQL for a reason, and strongly recommends NOT
> using the SQLite backend by default. SQLite doesn't support
> concurrency (i.e. any Akonadi operation blocks all others) and is
> slower.
>
> I think overriding the upstream default is a very bad idea in this
> case, and I'm surprised you are pushing for it that much, you're
> otherwise always the "upstream, upstream, upstream" guy.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Well it also took them two years to consider 'NFS mounted home' a valid
use case, during which the whole 'you really need MySQL!!!' was broken
for our site.

I'm not exactly sure that blindly following upstream recommendations on
a topic that has been contested before, with good reason, is a good
idea either.

--Stijn