Re: gdk-pixbuf being retired

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 18:40:14 -0600
Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I picked up gdk-pixbuf because freetennis supposedly depended on it
> but actually doesn't. (Though freetennis if also FTBFS for another
> reason so clearing the dependency isn't simple.) Though only thing
> that really depends on it is xosd-xmms and I have checked with Kevin
> about that and he will remove that subpackage or retire xosd.
>
> gdk-pixbuf is FTBFS because it won't build without rerunning some of
> the autotools programs and does not build with the currently available
> autotools versions available. There are a number of errors reported
> that would need to get this building again and the effort doesn't seem
> worth it.
>
> So I have now retired the package in rawhide (f17).

To go along with this, I am retiring xosd. There are still a few things
that use it or have xosd subpackages. If any of those folks want to
take it over, they would need both it and gdk-pixbuf.

ekg2-xosd-0:0.2-0.17.rc1.fc16.x86_64
lcdproc-0:0.5.4-1.fc16.x86_64
licq-osd-0:1.3.5-10.fc15.x86_64
xmms-xosd-0:2.2.14-14.fc15.x86_64