Re: Heads up: libpng bumped to 1.5.x in rawhide

Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> This is my first time as a contributor to run into this.
> Do I simply need to increment by release by 1 (or .1?) and build?

If no source-code changes are needed, then yes, it's sufficient to
increment the release number (either way that suits you) and rebuild
in rawhide.

I assume you're thinking of OpenImageIO?  [ checks results of test
runs... ]  You will need a source-code patch for that one, because it
uses the symbol Z_BEST_COMPRESSION, which is exported by <zlib.h>, which
is no longer automatically included by <png.h>.  So you'll need to add
#include <zlib.h> to whichever file(s) need that.  It might be that
there are further changes needed --- the error on that symbol was as far
as my test build got.

Once you've got it working, you should pester your upstream to include
the changes, since libpng 1.5 is certainly something they're going to
have to deal with.

			regards, tom lane