Re: Package review SIG dead?

Excerpts from tim.lauridsen@xxxxxxxxx's message of Fri Oct 07 16:41:49 +0200 2011:
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Stanislav Ochotnicky
> <sochotnicky@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Excerpts from Richard Shaw's message of Thu Oct 06 22:17:51 +0200 2011:
> >> After some initial interest there doesn't appear to be any activity
> >> unless I'm missing something.
> >>
> >> I am still interested. Anyone else?
> >
> > Sorry for taking time to reply, but I had a bit too many things at
> > once sprung up on me
> >
> > So...During FUDCon Milan a few of us decided to do a hackfest
> > session on timlau's FedoraReview tool[1].
> >
> > It seemed like a good base for a review tool, the basic architecture
> > seemed flexible enough etc. Our latest version is at github[2] as
> > well. Changes from timalu's version:
> >  * split checks based on them being general or specific to certain
> >   language
> >  * dynamic loading - every python file dropped in checks subdir is
> >   considered a test module.
> >  * fix several problems with running local checks without bug in
> >   bugzilla
> >  * Cleaups, pep8 applications
> >
> > It would be great to have a way so that everyone can implement checks
> > in their language of choice, but for the time being we did this.
> >
> > Idea is to have each SIG maintain their own checks/templates together
> > with their guidelines.
> >
> > I know a lot of people wanted to have a discussion about this first,
> > but since we had the opportunity to hack on this we did. I believe
> > there are still many of us still interested, just not knowing what
> > exactly we should do next.
> >
> > [1] https://github.com/timlau/FedoraReview
> > [2] https://github.com/sochotnicky/FedoraReview/tree/lang-checks
> >

> > PGP: 7B087241
> > Red Hat Inc.                               http://cz.redhat.com
> >

> Looks like very nice additions to my tool, I have not had to much time
> to improve the tool lately.
> If you like, I can give access to the original git repo or we can move
> it to the fedora git, but github makes it easier to people to make
> forks etc.

Well git makes it trivial to keep several repos in sync (even with
various merging etc.). The github repo was actually created just
before I wanted to send some public link here, before we developed on
pingou's private setup. It was a mere "git remote add ...", so I don't
think it's a problem.

Actually pingou is constantly tweaking and cleaning up the code in his
repository and I am then syncing to github.

But indeed, once the tool looks usable and we have at least a few
more language-specific checks working we can put it on fedorahosted.