Re: Package review SIG dead?

Am 06.10.2011 22:17, schrieb Richard Shaw:
> After some initial interest there doesn't appear to be any activity
> unless I'm missing something.
>
> I am still interested. Anyone else?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Yes, of course. I think we need some infrastructure besides the wiki.
And a policy for handling old review requests, to shrink the
continuously growing "new package review tickets" list a bit. There are
a lot of tickets where the packager is no longer responsible. The list
becomes confused more and more, and it's not attractive for potential
reviewers, unless someone is interested in to see a certain software in
Fedora.

Besides that, there are quite old package reviews with the
FE_NEEDSPONSOR blocker set, and they seem to be one-time-wonders in many
cases. I'm in doubt if they will find a sponsor one day.

Examples for such outdated tickets are bugs # 605290, 616935, 636930 and
many more. In fact, all review tickets which are still incomplete and
idle for more than half a year are outdated and should be closed (after
a last attempt to ping the packager).

Best Regards,
Mario