Re: SysV to systemd conversion: please double-check the default and post-upgrade state of your services

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 12:59:06AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Hey, everyone.
>
> I'm starting to get a bit concerned about one aspect of the SysV to
> systemd conversion process. I've come across three separate bugs where
> the default and/or post-upgrade state of services was incorrect: in two
> cases, the service changed from being disabled by default in F15 to
> being enabled by default in F16, and in another case, a service went
> from being enabled by default in F15 to being disabled by default in
> F16. These changes were not intentional, simply mistaken.
>
> Obviously both of these can have major consequences (one of the above
> cases broke libvirt networking and certain aspects of NetworkManager,
> another prevented sealert from working by default), so I'd ask those
> who've migrated their package's services from sysv to systemd to please
> double-check their handling of this.
>
> It's pretty simple. This %post snippet enables a service by default:

One other thing to note.  If you've followed adam's instructions on
constructing the spec file but the service still isn't starting when the
systemctl enable command is run, you may also want to look inside the unit
file (in most cases , *.service) to see what's happening there.  The unit
file needs to specify a systemd dependency on the multi-user target if you
want the service to start in multi-user.

-Toshio