Re: [systemd-devel] question

On 09/14/2011 12:35 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 14.09.2011 14:16, schrieb "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson":
>> And FYI to all those that gloriously want to upgrade and claim that it's
>> bug free or "they" ( all of what two people ) not encountered any issues
>> inetd-style socket activation is borked in .35 ( users need to downgrade
>> to .34 or add StandardOutput=socket if they cant wait until 36 goes out)
> it is a hughe difference upgrade to some rawhide stuff or leave F15
> until now 10 releases behind and the next 8 months with all the
> missing features and problems as it was released!

Reindl now let me tell you about my day..

I had ping Toshio regarding FPC might want to update their socket
section to include xinetd ( since maintainers had shown concern both
regarding to packaging this and what was the general policy with regards
to converted xinetd socket/services ) which he of course brought up on
their next meeting which was today...

When I had time to look at irc from $dayjob I noticed that I had been
ping and what awaits me was this...

" abadger1999: He's on what could only be usefully termed a crusade.
It's actually somewhat damaging, but as long as nobody thinks that
they're mandated to pay attention to him, it shouldn't hurt anything in
the long run."

So apparently me converting xinetd and packages that provide xinetd
related files ( 33 packages including xinetd itself which produced 50+
unit files ) puts me on a somekind of crusade against xinetd and nobody
should be paying attention to my work ( that was a whole ( last )
weekend I spent working on and off it ).

Understandable Jason might have reach that conclusion if I had proposed
the removal of xinetd itself but I have never made such an proposal.

So Reindl by all means continue drag your rants into $next_releases it
does not get any worse than this for people that what to improve your
unfortunate experience and prevent others from experiencing it.

By the way for those of you that were thinking about joining the
migration process and lending a hand I strongly recommend against it
unless you got the stomach for it.

Talk about hostile work environment you ungrateful people.

Thanks for making my day ( yet again ).

JBG