Re: floppy support (was: [HEADS UP] remove ddate(1) command from rawhide)

Once upon a time, Simo Sorce <simo@xxxxxxxxxx> said:
> They do not 'hang', they just take longer to boot, sometimes a lot
> longer.

How much longer?  How many such machines?  Again, I've booted systems
without floppy drives but with floppy support loaded, and I haven't seen
any significant hang.

Leaving known-working hardware unusable at install is just rude and
irritating when it is needed.  There should be good justification, not
just "a bunch of developers don't use it anymore, so we don't think
anybody else needs it".
--
Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx>