Re: Default services enabled

Steve Clark <sclark <at> netwolves.com> writes:

> Sys init.
> ---------
> Sys init as a process #1 should be "beyond approach" by design, and delegate
> all work to other process(es), whether in a permanent or an ad-hoc manner,
> that can be operated by sysadmin if needed (e.g. restarted, initialized,
> configured, fixed, etc).
> We want it to be minimal in its size, minimal in its functions, simple,
> stable, secure (no attack venues, direct or indirect) - yes,
> "beyond approach".

>     JB - do you mean "beyond reproach" ?
>       Idiom:
>       beyond reproach
>       So good as to preclude any possibility of criticism.--
>       Stephen ClarkNetWolves
>       Sr. Software Engineer III
>       Phone: 813-579-3200
>       Fax: 813-882-0209
>       Email: steve.clark <at> netwolves.comhttp://www.netwolves.com

No, not "reproach".
I used the term "approach".

approach definition:
To come near or nearer, ...

I meant by "beyond approach" to have systemd as a sys init process #1
god-like qualities and to be so developed and have such characteristics as
to not have any venues of attack or influence, directly or indirectly, in
context of its reliability and security.

JB