Re: Fedora 15 and mount points

On 08/12/2011 11:03 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

Am 12.08.2011 17:00, schrieb Tomasz Torcz:
On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 10:46:27AM +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
I thought that their outputs, especially that of findmnt, would've
clarified the output of mount, except for the three sandbox bind
mounts.

Suggestions for replacing mount in your scripts:
findmnt -lnu -o SOURCE,TARGET,FSTYPE,OPTIONS
findmnt -lnsu -o SOURCE,TARGET,FSTYPE,OPTIONS
findmnt -o SOURCE,TARGET,FSTYPE,OPTIONS -S /dev/sda1
findmnt -o SOURCE,TARGET,FSTYPE,OPTIONS -T /
findmnt -n -o SOURCE,TARGET,FSTYPE,OPTIONS -S /dev/sda1
findmnt -n -o SOURCE,TARGET,FSTYPE,OPTIONS -T /
this does not solve the problem with thousands of applications
like df, mlocate and mount: if a change forces a lot of programs
and scripts to be changed anybody who made it is a little naive
to believe the world is turning around him and should hurry
up fixing all this apllications he broke or revert his change!
  One of Fedora's core values is “first”.  We do introduce new things
and instead of reverting them, we fix broken apps.  If lot of programs
have to be changed – life is hard
who is the "we" fixing "df" and when will this happen?

Yeah and all those broken apps weren't broken til you introduced your "new better thing".

--
Stephen Clark
NetWolves