Re: New hardened build support (coming) in F16

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 02:20:53PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> You can't bring a policy to FESCO, fail to turn up to any of the
> meetings and then be surprised if the enacted proposal doesn't perfectly
> match yours. The ticket was flagged "meeting" up until the point where
> it was closed which means it's under active consideration, and the
> meeting summaries posted to fedora-devel contained the various proposals
> and action items that we worked through.

Give Steve a break here.  This is hardly the first time that things
have been discussed at FESCO without even a courtesy email being sent
to the people involved.  In fact, back in 2008 I kicked up enough of a
fuss about this that it's now a policy for Feature owners to be sent
email about all meetings where their features are discussed:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringComittee/Meeting-20081112

This clearly needs to be extended to changes in policy.  Flagging a
ticket as "meeting" is an obscure bit of wonkishness.  A courtesy
email should be sent before the meeting instead.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v