Re: systemd: Is it wrong?

Am 11.07.2011 14:29, schrieb Michal Schmidt:
>> according to my bugreport (yes the topic was wrong because
>> unexpected bahvior) "systemctl stop mysqld.service" should
>> implicitly always stop an according "svcname.socket" as long
>> we do not restart - STOP means STOP and not restart :-)
>
> 'systemctl stop ...' means: stop the currently running instance. Nothing
> more. It says nothing about what should or should not happen in the
> future. Socket activation is a future event.
>
> Usind 'BindTo=' it may be possible to stop the socket when the service
> is stopped. I have not tried it

uninteresting becaus this is NOT intuitive and will be a
pitfall as long this behavior is not smarter

this shows that usability was finally no intention for systemd
and has to be fixed so that commands working as expected
without reading every single manual

the best improvement would be "systemctl stop mysqld" stop
implicit "mysqld.socket, mysqld.service, mysqld.*" instead
give a dumb error message