Re: glibc 2.14-4 eats my data (Re: F15 ext3, eCryptfs + samba = data corruption (Re: F15 "Error mounting eCryptfs: [-5] Input/output error" on different disks))

Hi,

W dniu 11 lipca 2011 17:09 użytkownik Michal Hlavinka
<mhlavink@xxxxxxxxxx> napisał:
> ok, complain about memcpy in ecryptfs-utils is gone. I've checked all of
> them and I think I've fixed those which needed it. I was not able to
> reproduce original problem nor valgrind complaint, so please test if
> following package produces memcpy complain in valgrind output or not:
>
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/scratch/mhlavink/task_3190860/

Your mtab handling patch fixed both issues - mount warning and data
corruption :) Huge thanks!

> Anyway, I don't think there is any problem in ecryptfs-utils, because it's
> just mount helper. It's not running when files are being encrypted/decrypted
> and you said it works fine when you use ecryptfs directly (without samba).
> We've fixed memcpy bug in ecryptfs which is definitely a good think, but
> problem is elsewhere.
>
> If you want, you can test following build of samba which has all occurrences
> of memcpy replaced by memmove. I don't dare to guess if it changes anything,
> but give it a try if you want:
>
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/scratch/mhlavink/task_3190918/
>
> Could you describe your environment in more details so we can try to
> reproduce it? For example what ecryptfs options you use (including fstab
> line if you have any), samba configuration etc...

I do not think that it had any significance - it seems to me that
these options are pretty standard
mount -t ecryptfs /home/$SHARE/ /home/$SHARE/ -o
key=passphrase,ecryptfs_cipher=aes,ecryptfs_key_bytes=16,ecryptfs_passthrough=n,ecryptfs_fnek_sig=some_value

It's a little strange that you could not reproduce that mount warning.

--
Best regards,
Michal

http://eventhorizon.pl/