Re: systemd: Is it wrong?

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson <johannbg <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 07/08/2011 11:42 AM, JB wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > you are right about the synchronization problem within a service file exec
> > environment, at least as you showed it in that particular Bugzilla case.
> >

> <snip>
>
> No he did not and you are wrong the problem has nothing to do with order
> timing and execution but everything to do with this..
> ExecStart=/sbin/sysctl -w fs.nfs.nlm_tcpport=$LOCKD_TCPPORT <----
>
> Further explanation can be found on the bug report and a correct working
> native systemd nfslock service is attached to that report along with the
> necessary modification he needs to do in the sysconfig file he is using.
>
> JBG

Johann,
I think you are "fixing" it to work according to your world view :-)

$ man sysctl
SYNOPSIS
       sysctl [-n] [-e] [-q] -w variable=value ...

So, if nfslock.service file contains:
ExecStart=/sbin/sysctl -w fs.nfs.nlm_tcpport=$LOCKD_TCPPORT

then this is the correct syntax.

If this does not work as processed by systemd, then that means a bug ...

JB