Re: Calling autoconf in a spec.

Kevin Kofler writes:

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Ok, then when you patch configure.in, configure.ac, and/or Makefile.am, be
> sure to also specify:
>
> BuildRequires: autoconf=[version]
>
> and
>
> BuildRequires: automake=[version]
>
> in order to have a reproducible build.

Nonsense. Even many upstreams do that.

Can you translate that. It's nonsense because many upstreams do that?

                                        (I know I don't. On the autocrap-
using projects I inherited, I just run "autoreconf -i -f" with whatever
version I have on my system and ignore all the warnings.)

Sure. You must be able to tell, at a glance, which version of autoconf and automake were used by upstream, and what the impact will be as a result of rebuilding with, most likely, Fedora's different version, even before introducing any patches. I mean, after all, autoconf has such a perfect record of 100% backwards compatibility, as far as I can remember.

Sounds like a plan to me.