Re: Packages that will be orphaned

Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 2:22 AM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> And I've also taken the liberty of sending a personal mail to
>> nim (Nicolas Mailhot) pointing out that he needs to sign the new CLA,
>> to stop all the font packages he is the owner of getting orphaned.
>
> If you do get a hold of Nicolas let him know he can have
> google-droid-fonts back if he wants it. I'm not a fonts guy and
> reading through the bug reports I can see I'm over my head.

Don't worry about it. I pinged Nim this morning too, and told Toshio that
I'd take all unclaimed font packages, including fontpackages and xgridfit,
if Nim isn't able to. I'll co-maintain Droid if you need a hand.

Regarding #517789, at a quick glance it seems to be held on determining
the fontconfig incantations to correctly prioritise bits of Droid, and
doesn't look broken at the moment, so it can be left as FutureFeature.

--
Paul Flo Williams
http://hisdeedsaredust.com/category/fonts/feed