Re: what key between Ctrl & Alt (was: GNOME3 and au revoir...)

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Jared K. Smith
<jsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It can be named... it's called the "Super" key.  Well, at least mine
> is super, as it has a Fedora logo on it :-)

That's a bad place for the Fedora logo... just like its a bad place
for the Windows logo.  What is needed is project-neutral label for
that key so that GNOME and other interfaces can start referencing it
in the documentation with having to work about vendor branding.

If only the superman logo were public domain the superman symbol would
be perfect.

-jef"Putting branded labels on our keyboard layouts is just dumb. It's
no different than putting the Nike swoosh in place of the N key on
some keyboards or the Starbucks logo on the S key on others.  Branded
logo on the parts of the physical interface make it _more_ difficult
to provide accurate documentation which describes that
interface"spaleta