Re: SYSTEMD: Give us a option for upstart

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 11:25 PM, drago01 <drago01@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well you can't expect him to test every possible scenario (no matter
> how trivial it is). I never saw an fstab with a trailing slash so I
> wouldn't have though about testing it either.

Same here.  I actually spent a good chunk of my _volunteer_ testing
time budget pre-release poking at systemd's capabilities for handling
auto mounting because I really want to make use of it... and I didn't
hit this bug.  I guess I'm just conditioned to write my fstab entries
a certain way.  And if I've been conditioned to write them a certain
way, it's not shocking that the mount command has an implicit
assumption about the format as well.

So in an effort to turn the corner of this and make a constructive discussion.

Is directory path handling with regard to trailing slashes something
worth adding as an autoQA test target in the future?    Not just for
mount but for a group of commands?  Something worth considering?  I'm
happy to write the initial test script if this is something that makes
sense to try to automate.

-jef