Re: how to push to stable?

Chuck Anderson wrote:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ocp-0.1.20-8.fc15
>
> bodhi says of my update:
>
> bodhi - 2011-06-10 05:03:46
> This update has reached 3 days in testing and can be pushed to stable now
> if the maintainer wishes
>
> But clicking the "mark as stable" button says:
>
> This update has not yet met the minimum testing requirements defined in
> the Package Update Acceptance Criteria
>
> Reading the linked to document "Package Update Acceptance Criteria" is
> completely unhelpful.  How do I push this update to stable?
>
> Thanks.

I guess they bumped the minimum testing time to 7 days now that Fedora 15 is
stable. :-(

IMHO, 3 days was much better. Due to pushing delays, it effectively means ~7
days between filing and the push to stable anyway. One of the arguments for
setting the interval to 7 days was that people might not be able to test the
update in less time because of pushing delays, but pushing delays are
already explicitly NOT counted in the 7 days, the time measured is the time
between effective availability in testing and request of the stable push. I
fail to see how 3 days for that would not be sufficient to get people to
test updates. (Well, gnome-packagekit stupidly does not notify about all
updates in a timely manner anymore, but that's a regression in gnome-
packagekit and must be fixed there. We really need to notify users of
available updates at least once a day! I personally have KPackageKit set to
check for updates hourly.) This 7-day timeout effectively turns into 7 days
+ TWO push delays, which is often 10+ days.

(And of course, I still don't understand why we can't let the maintainer
decide with his/her own brain when his/her update has received sufficient
testing. Thinking is what brains are for, computers suck at it.)

        Kevin Kofler