Re: critpath approval process seems rather broken

On 04/11/2011 01:21 AM, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> On 04/11/2011 12:13 AM, Tim Flink wrote:
>> On 04/10/2011 07:39 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

>>> The nightlies are intended to be made from stable, so that they are more
>>> likely to work and near releases (including test ones) corrsepond to
>>> the upcoming release.
>>
>> I definitely agree that the nightlies need to be made from stable
>> sources.
>
> And I did too.  I also agree that we need to get nightlies made with
> testing.  I don't think this is an either-or situation.

Good point, I didn't mean to imply that it had to be one or the other;
just that testing-based nightlies alone aren't enough.

My next questions would be:
 - Is this needed often enough to justify building another nightly?
   -> Or would it be more effort than it's worth to build testing
      based nightlies on a less regular basis?

 - If so, what would need to be done in order to propose this and
   hopefully see it happen?

Tim