Re: ACTION REQUIRED: Important hanges to Fedora translation workflow

Hey John.

Thanks a ton for the useful feedback!

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 8:57 PM, John Dennis <jdennis@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Snag 1: Understanding what a resource was and how to name it.
> Snag 2: auto-local makes assumptions about your tree
> Snag 3: The tx client reported

Docs should be more descriptive now.

http://help.transifex.net/user-guide/projects.html#resources
http://help.transifex.net/user-guide/client/

> Snag 4: It turns out if you have a po
> file with no translations in it (i.e. a "stub" file for a language that
> no translator has contributed to yet) then TX will ignore it. The
> missing po files were those in which every msgstr was empty.

We'll fix this.

> But wait, the new created resource on the TX server contained po files
> which weren't in our SCM and which I did not push to the server.
> I presume it did this because it assumed if
> there was translation team there had to be po file for the team.

Correct -- you see files there because there are teams for them. I
don't think we can change this.. Translators need this feature (they
have actually asked it).

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos