Re: Firefox 4 for f14?

2011/3/24 Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx>:
> drago01 wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Did they really manage to stuff even the resources into the binary? Wow,
>>> very un-unixy! ;-)
>>
>> They didn't do that ...
>
> So it's not one big file… Scattered resource files are exactly what's most
> likely to stick around as garbage after uninstalling or upgrading in the
> absence of package management.
>
>        Kevin Kofler
>
> --

I think this discussion goes in the wrong direction. Firefox 4 is (for
me) a working browser that I want to use. Without a proper rpm the
tarball is the only solution left. Spot's solution circumvents the
xulrunner nightmare and Remi's idea is what I think should go in the
official repo.

Or maybe "being on the edge" isn't why we all use this distro?

--jason