Re: enlightenment project seeks package maintainer!

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 09:27:42AM +0100, Stanislav Ochotnicky wrote:

> I'll note that those libs are already in Fedora, but they need a new
> maintainer. Who should probably work with you and other distributions
> to clean up the spec files. We have some recent changes guidelines
> (no need for %clean section, use of %global instead of %define for
> example) and I am not sure if other rpm distros do the same at this
> time. It would be nice to have the same spec in all distributions
> though :-)

Some of these changes in require a very recent rpm and are not backward
compatible (and not compatible to EL5, for example).  Also there are some
specific macros, scriptlets, and requirements for Fedora that may not be
relevant for upstream spec files.  In general, upstream spec file
have more stringent requirements on compatibility among rpm based platforms
and less requirements of integration.

--
Pat