Re: enlightenment project seeks package maintainer!

Excerpts from Mike Blumenkrantz's message of Fri Mar 18 07:33:05 +0100 2011:
> Hi,
>
> I am a developer with the enlightenment project (http://enlightenment.org). We
> have just recently released the 1.0 version of our libraries, known as the EFL,
> and are now attempting to find people on various distros to help spread the
> word. Currently, we have packagers working on Arch, Debian, Gentoo, Ubuntu
> (debian), and a number of others, and we would like to add Fedora to this list!
>
> Within our community, we have people who work on .spec files already, and such
> files already exist for all the libraries that we would like to see in Fedora.
> The spec files are in the toplevel directory of each project, and I will link
> them here for easy viewing:
>
> https://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/tags/ecore-1.0.0/ecore.spec.in
> https://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/tags/e_dbus-1.0.0/e_dbus.spec.in
> https://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/tags/edje-1.0.0/edje.spec.in
> https://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/tags/eet-1.4.0/eet.spec.in
> https://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/tags/eeze-1.0.1/eeze.spec.in
> https://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/tags/efreet-1.0.0/efreet.spec.in
> https://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/tags/eina-1.0.0/eina.spec.in
> https://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/tags/embryo-1.0.0/embryo.spec.in
> https://svn.enlightenment.org/svn/e/tags/evas-1.0.0/evas.spec.in
>
> There is one minor cleanup that must be made on our end in the ecore spec to
> use c-ares, but other than that they should work fine. Obviously they may not
> meet your QA regulations, so changes will be made where necessary.
>
> Note that this is NOT E17. These are only the underlying libraries which have
> been in development for the last 10 years and have recently reached 1.0.
>
> I am hopeful that this mail will interest some of the developers on the list :)
> You can either reply directly to this email or come to #edevelop on Freenode to
> talk to us in realtime.

I'll note that those libs are already in Fedora, but they need a new
maintainer. Who should probably work with you and other distributions
to clean up the spec files. We have some recent changes guidelines
(no need for %clean section, use of %global instead of %define for
example) and I am not sure if other rpm distros do the same at this
time. It would be nice to have the same spec in all distributions
though :-)

Good luck finding a new maintainer!

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@xxxxxxxxxx>