Re: Fixing the glibc adobe flash incompatibility

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 21:03:02 -0600,
  Chris Adams <cmadams@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, I still think that changing memcpy away from years of "it just
> works" is an ABI change that should not be taken lightly and IMHO
> shouldn't be done in a "stable" release of glibc.  Is memcpy called

It didn't just work. It happened to work in some cases and now it works
in other cases instead, on some hardware.

It probably would have been nice to have enabled some debugging mode during
the F14 development period to actively find code misuing the function.