Re: Ubuntu moving towards Wayland

2010/11/5 Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta@xxxxxxxxx>
[...]
I'm more than happy to give Shuttleworth the benefit of the doubt
about the sincerity of his interest and I will be watching the Wayland
commit logs closely looking for Canonical sponsored contributions to
_start_ trickling in.
[...]

What does this mean, wait until Canoncial provides patches before taking a look at interresting technologies? Or even better, don't use applications where Canoncial don't provide patches? That means that a lot of application can't be used in the future and I don't think that this is an useful approach.

Kind regards, Thomas