Re: PostgreSQL 9 for F14?

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:13:42 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> No, I'm not advocating PgSQL 9 for F14, however, it shouldn't be so
> far-fetched that Fedora could have any software at any time.

A Fedora update policy is being hashed out, and even before that, the
consensus is really against introducing major updates in stable releases.
It's not really "anything goes" as your statement seems to imply.

> Expecting
> people to adopt their own personal repositories for versions of software
> that Fedora maintainers don't want to ship "just because" should be seen
> as a bug against Fedora itself. /end-thread-tangent

Well, we're not, thankfully, in the same situation as some other distro
where each third-party repository overlap quite a lot because they
rebuild, possibly unnecessarily, an entire stack of software. The
personal repositories I've seen tend to be tightly focused -- Richard
Jones' mingw porting work, spot's repo for bleeding edge packages that
rightly are not ready for Fedora proper, etc.

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
Fedora Project Contributor: http://fedoraproject.org/

Email:  salimma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  | GPG key ID: 78884778