Re: fedora mission (was Re: systemd and changes)

  On 08/28/2010 06:42 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> This is utter bullshit. It assumes that anybody who works in the corporate world and happens to have an interest in Fedora is somehow going to be a puppet for the Smokey backroom corporate overlords and their evil designs upon Fedora. It's ludicrous.  What about people who work for a university, or work for themselves? Are they somehow immune to making decisions that benefit themselves or their paycheck writer?
>
> This continued distinction of "corporate worker" vs "community" is pointless and poisonous.

Jesse excuse me since I dont think this is utter bullshit and pointless
and poisonous.

I just want remind you that I both live and come from a country that
recently was flushed down the drain thanks to a hand full of smokey back
room corporate overlords. You might not believe in their existance but I
certanly do since I'm paying for their mistake as will my descendants.

There is a difference for individual that get paid to work with a
project and those that don't but do so of their own free will and that
individual might well be working for the same company as the one that
get paid to do so.

The distinction remains the same thou, one is the doing something to
benefit his employer in some way or form, he may like what he's doing
but in the end that's still what he's doing while the other one is not.

I have absolutely no idea how many of Red Hat employs are doing because
they get paid to do so and how many of them are contributing to Fedora
on their own accordance and honestly you cant expect me to know that.

Perhaps you can share some light on that?

I have no idea where Fedora stands within Red Hat and if there is some
kind of backup plan that Red Hat has in place encase it gets bought by
some corporate which looks at Fedora and deems it not profitable enough
and decides to write it of.

But the threat is real so regardless of what the corporate entity is we
need to remain strong enough to stand on our own two fleets if we ever
find ourself in that situation.

Let's just hope it never comes down to that.

JBG