Re: is it still possible to use upstart as the init-system in F-14?

B1;2590;0cOn Thu, 26.08.10 00:45, M A Young (m.a.young@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
> > On 08/25/2010 05:35 PM, M A Young wrote:
> >> Yes, upstart still works. I tried systemd and couldn't get it to work, so
> >> I switched the machine back to upstart. You may need a rescue disk to make
> >> the switch if your computer doesn't boot with systemd. I might try systemd
> >> again when more of the bugs have been ironed out.
> > Do you have any unreported bugs?
>
> I tried it again, and basically the boot doesn't ever finish, it just sits
> there without any useful indication as to what the problem is until I get
> fed up and use the sysrq keys to reboot it ctrl-alt-del doesn't work).

This looks like the stuff I pointed out in this HEADS-UP mail:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2010-August/140294.html

plus the two followup mails.

Oh, and when you copy the command lines from that mail, make sure to
replace " at " by "@" as the archiver mangled this.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.