Re: systemd or why will user fall away from fedora?

That would be all grand and spiffy if it were actually faster bootup.

Bootchart here reports that systemd is 8 seconds *SLOWER* than upstart.  No idea why, but systemd just hangs for 8 seconds doing "nothing" that I can see.  No logs anywhere that are meaningful.  Default clean install from Alpha iso or Nightly livecd -- both do the same.

It is not booting faster or even the same speed.

I would like to see your bootchart for both if you report that systemd is actually faster at all.

 -dj

ps: I should point out that it's 22 seconds to boot with upstart.  +8 seconds is a significant percentage increase.

--
   Scire ubi aliquid invenire possis, ea demum maxima pars eruditionis est
    --Anonymous