Re: drop default MTA for Fedora 15

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Rudolf Kastl <che666@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> my desktop runs on software mirror raid below an lvm. not for
> performance but for data recovery reasons. mdmonitor does mail
> notification. will this be fixed? how about logwatch, it is really
> useful to have to get an overview what happened on the system in a
> neat summary. also handy for desktops but just not recognized and
> presented in an end user compatible way. just my opinion.

Neither of those need to run a MTA locally to work, you just need to
point them to a mail server, even then they need to be configured to
send the mail to something other than root anyway. Removing the
default MTA won't change these out of the box and if you still want to
run a local MTA its as simple as selecting it during install. I use
all of the above on dozens of servers and none of them run a mail
server locally.

Peter