Re: yum appmarket

seth vidal wrote:

> I was just noodling around in the pkgtags db that I just posted about
> and noticed that the a lot of pkgs have the 'Application' tag applied to
> them. I could modify the appmarket plugin to use this information if it
> is available.
>
> Coupling that data with tags like 'XFCE' it would be trivial to list
> just xfce applications, for example.

The database at

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/apps/search/tanks

would be more useful if you could search for "photoshop" and get
"gimp, krita".

Some more tags for "functionally comparable to" and the name of
some well known programs for Windows or Macintosh would let
people cope with the original names of Linux apps.

Nero -> k3b, xcdroast
Adobe Illustrator -> inkscape
Adobe Reader -> evince, kpdf, okular

This tags could also be added by the users, in a wiki like form.
It is easy to build a good amount of useful information with a good
specialized wiki, for example:
  http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it