Re: Javascript JIT in web browsers

On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 18:35 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 15:48:14 -0700,
>   Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Meanwhile, back in the real world, it is effectively impossible to use
> > all sorts of useful websites without Javascript enabled. Even for
>
> Then don't use them. If sites don't get used they may stop requiring
> people to significantly reduce the security of their systems to use them.

I think most of those websites we all use that rely upon Javascript
wouldn't even notice a drop in numbers. Given the overall number of
computer users out there, and the (much smaller) relative number of
Linux users, and then the (even smaller) relative number of Fedora users
in the game, all it would do is cause pain for folks using Fedora and
achieve nothing beyond that whatsoever. It's not like Apple and Flash,
it's like "oh man, look that Linux thing *really* sucks now, I can't
even use Facebook! I could live with no MP3s, but not Facebook! Next!"

Jon.